Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Gift Stall



For about five years now I have helped make gifts and co-ordinate a Mother's Day Gift Stall at the school my boys attend - and Father's Day and sometimes Christmas too...

This year was no different and these are the little things I prepared...



Glass Moccona Coffee Jars - I always seem to get these donated to me with great expectations of what I will do with them!



I did these ones up as Hot Chocolate Jars...




With marshmallows.




Some little cushions made up with some fabrics which were donated.



Some lavender birds on a coat hanger - these have been 'value added' since last year when they were just the bird, now they have a new purpose as a clothes hanger!



A hundred or so gift wrapped little soaps - Kids love these!



These are lace flower brooches or hair clips, they have a alligator clip glued to the back.




Closer...

I made these as a last minute thing using a tutorial I saw a while back and had bookmarked and forgotten about - as you do - but the weekend prior to mothers day I was a bit bored, obviously, and thought I would start looking through all my bookmarked sites and came across this idea which I thought seemed to be a perfect match for a heap of lace that was donated to the school (me) to use.




Little mouse softies - more donated fabric.


I had some beads donated from a local shop, they were bracelets that had been broken in the store, so I remade them into necklaces.



I have been practicing my free motion applique...


and here.



Here



And here.



More soaps.



And lastly some button hair clips.


The Gift Stall was very successful - as ever.

It is really great seeing all the children independently picking that very special gift for their loved one - just gorgeous.



No comments:

Post a Comment