Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ag Art Wear

Ag Art Wear Competition
'Fashions from the Field'

This competition was held at the Mt Gambier Show for the second year running.

The idea is to make and model a wearable garment from agricultural natured products.

This year inspiration came to me after finding a magnificent birds nest on the side of the road,
It's amazing what you can find on the side of a road...

And

A recent basket making workshop I attended - Thanks Philomena

Here is my creation









Yes

Complete with eggs!

I used my basket making skills to cobble together the skirt - actually it is just a basic coil technique and the same goes for the base of the birds nest hat.
Topped off with some peacock feathers.

I made the top and clutch from hessian webbing which I zigzaged together and the top has eyelets up the back to close it.

The hessian flowers I made using the twist and fold technique that I also learnt from Philomena.


My #1 son also entered as a "Field Mushroom"

Here he is




And

Tiff off to the Races




And

Penny the beautiful Flower



2 comments:

  1. Amazing effort and looks like you all had loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely garments ScoobyLou. Do the winners from your show go on to enter at the National finals in Elmore. I have started an Ag Art Australia blog www.agartaustralia.blogspot.com and would be interested in adding your local show to my calander. Do you happen to have a contact that I could have. thanks

    ReplyDelete