Saturday, February 9, 2013

12 Days of Christmas


2012

The 12 Days of Christmas

Bitchy Stitcher's Treasure Hunt

Gift Giving Extravaganza!

Wrapped and Ready
This is the Bingo Prize.
Hessian Wreath


1. Something Stripey

 I gave these 2 stripey stockings to Kate


and I received this stripey pillow from Wendy.


2. 4 Calling Birds

 I made a set of coasters to match these mugs

 and  some door handle decorations

 and this mini owl bunting which is a tutorial by moonstitches


and I received this pretty stitchery and fabric from Sharon,
ready for me to make into something fabulous.


3. A Purse

These I gave to Tiff.
 This little bitty one that is just the right size to hold a set of zills
 - which are finger cymbals used in Bellydancing

And this scrappy hexies purse in Liberty prints.


I received these little crochet purses from Tiff.


4. Free Choice

I made this wristlet for Sharon using a Melly and Me pattern that was part of the Daylesford Experience Kit from a couple of years ago. 
It is called Out with the Girls mellyandme.


And I received this sweetest little crochet Reindeer from Lisa - Love...


5. To keep warm

For Wendy
 I made these pocket hand warmers

and this Snuggly Bunny Warmer which was a pattern from Bustle and Sew


and I received from Kate these little sweetie hand warmers and the crochet tea cup cozy. 


6. An Apron


This is the Apron I made for Kate, it is a pattern in the book Patchwork Holidays.

 And here she is modeling it for me

And this is me wearing the Apron I received from Wendy

 ( Tiff took this photo...)

 Lisa

 Sharon

Tiff & Wendy


7. Nativity


 
This is the nativity set that I stitched for Lisa.
I used a colouring in diorama as the inspiration and they are double sided, so they can sit on the coffee table and be enjoyed from all angles.

This is a close up of Mary, Baby Jesus and Joseph.

 
And this is the special bag to keep them in or the 'Stable' if you like.




I received this Nativity Doorstop from Sharon.


Nativity and Dessert made by Wendy ( the Nativity placemat - not the dessert ) for Kate.


8. Fairytale

I did a fairly simple covered journal for Tiff using the Princess and the pea fabric,

and a bookmark to go with it.



Tiff made me these very cool Red Hood & Wolfie dolls.

 
Here they are on display in the forest at home.


9. Fun in the Kitchen

I made this Lunch bag for Sharon.
I followed this tutorial by Pink Penguin
I really enjoyed making this.

 I added afew items to go with it, including the crochet apple cozy that I made following a pattern in Mollie Makes, a Strawberry colapsable shopping bag, a strawberry keeper and
a banana keeper.

 
 This is the gift I received from Lisa.
Some fun cookie cutters
and
a set of place mats coasters and napkins.


Here it is set out beautifully.

And here is everyone having fun!


10. A Wreath


I made this Wreath for Wendy


I received this wreath from Kate and the little crochet earrings too.


11. Butterfly Flutterby


 This was my gift to Kate.

 
 I made this little needle book following the tutorial by nanaCompany


 Inside.

 and I tried a freehand stitched then painted technique for this little zippered pouch.



 I received this gift from Wendy.
A tissue pouch using a nifty technique
and a framed stitchery by Cinderberry Stitches.


12. Funky Fruit



I made this little bag for Lisa.
The pattern for this is in the book Zakka Sewing.


I also made this pear pin cushion for the sewing machine.
This was a pattern in a Better Homes magazine.


And I gave Lisa this crochet apple cozy that Tiff made while I made the one for Sharon.


Sharon made me this lunch bag, which was kind of funny since I made her a lunch bag for 'Fun in the Kitchen' and funnier still was that inside my lunch bag was a strawberry shopping bag just like I put in Sharon's bag! - great minds think alike!




No comments:

Post a Comment